Since the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Transplant Center program was founded over 20 years ago, we have performed hundreds of successful kidney transplants in children and adults. We are now performing 50 or more transplants per year and are the third largest kidney transplant center in our region.
We have also cared for hundreds of patients who have graciously donated their kidneys to loved ones.
Our Transplant Center works with leading physicians throughout New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. Once you have been referred to our Transplant Center, your first step will be to attend one of our Orientation and Evaluation Sessions. At these sessions, transplant physicians give a comprehensive overview of kidney transplantation to groups of patients and their families.
For your convenience, our team is available to see you for your initial evaluation, appointments prior to transplantation, and for follow up care after transplant at both our Lebanon and Manchester locations.
Learn more about transplantation surgery
- Learn more about kidney transplants.
- Read about how to become a living kidney donor.
- See how our rate of successful kidney transplants is above national averages.
- Read patient stories from two people who had kidney transplants at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
- Learn what happens after a kidney transplant.
- Meet the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Transplant Center team.
The following links to other medical websites provide information related to transplantation surgery:
- National Kidney Foundation: The leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention, and treatment of kidney disease.
- New England Organ Bank: For information about donation, including for recipients wishing to contact their donor family.
- Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients: For information regarding patient and graph survival by transplant program.
- United Network for Organ Sharing: Organization to advance organ availability and transplantation for patients.