Family Medicine care includes:
- Preventive medicine such as physical exams, immunizations, and routine screenings
- Treatment of short-term injuries or illnesses
- Treatment of chronic illnesses like diabetes
- Care for women during pregnancy and childbirth
- Nutritional counseling, physical therapy, and other special programs
As a Family Medicine patient, you will select one of our providers to be your family doctor (primary care provider, or PCP). Your PCP will coordinate your care, arrange for consultations with other qualified professionals if necessary, and welcome your participation in their plans of care. When he or she is not immediately available, you will be cared for by another member of your Family Medicine care team.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers Family Medicine care at many locations throughout New Hampshire and Southwestern Vermont.