- Annually, we have more than 1.6 million outpatient visits, perform nearly 23,000 surgeries, discharge more than 28,000 patients, and care for 21,000 emergency visits in our Lebanon Emergency Department.
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon—New Hampshire’s only academic medical center—includes a 396-bed (licensed) hospital, with the only Level I Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, and the only air ambulance service (DHART) in New Hampshire. DHMC covers more than 2 million square feet.
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Manchester has served the state’s largest city for more than 30 years, opening in 1984.
- We care for the top 5% of the sickest, most complex patients—a measure known as “case mix index”—in the nation.
- We provided more than $194 million in community benefits in 2019, including $11 million in charity care.
- 40 percent of our patients come from Vermont; We are the second-largest provider of care to Vermonters.
- We have more than 10,000 permanent full- and part-time employees at locations in New Hampshire and Vermont. DHMC employs more than 8,000 employees.
- 75% of our employees live in New Hampshire; 24% live in Vermont.
- Our workforce development efforts, through the Workforce Readiness Institute, were recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor as a leader in the field through the White House-sponsored job training initiative "Upskilling America."