Dartmouth-Hitchcock Community Health partners with health care and community partners to improve health of people living in the communities we serve.
Together with public health organizations, town leaders, schools, police, and community organizations, we complete Community Health Needs Assessments every three years, then work together with these partners to change the behaviors and community conditions that have the greatest impact on health, as detailed in our Community Health Improvement Plan.
Along with responding to specific local community needs in communities where we operate Primary Care clinics, Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Population Health Council reviews community health needs assessments across New Hampshire and Vermont, and has identified three priorities for community health initiatives across our health care system. These priorities for our work include:
- Improving outcomes related to substance use and mental health needs;
- Improving health and wellbeing of older adults; and
- Increasing access to well-coordinated care.
To do this work, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Community Health provides leadership and facilitation to community coalitions; investment of staff resources to support and strengthen existing community health initiatives; links community partners to experts within the Dartmouth-Hitchcock system who can provide consultation on evidence-based practices; and provides targeted investment of health system funds to support development of community health infrastructure and projects.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view these PDFs.
- FY2019 Upper Valley Community Health Needs Assessment
- FY2016 Upper Valley Community Health Needs Assessment (approved June 28, 2016)
- Community Benefits Report (FY2016-2017)
- Community Benefits Report (FY2015-2016)
- Community Benefits Report (FY 2014-2015)
- Community Health Improvement Plan (approved, September 2016)
- 2012-2013 Upper Valley Region Community Health Needs Assessment
For more information, contact Greg Norman at (603) 653-6849.
The mission of Community Health Improvement & Benefits (CHIB) is to promote health, prevent illness, and remove barriers that hinder access to health care by working hand-in-hand with the communities we serve.
We live and work in a community that values physical, mental, social and spiritual well being for all people. We envision sharing responsibility with the communities we serve to provide well-integrated care from health promotion to prevention and treatment. We envision employees and the people we serve sharing a sense of accomplishment about achievements in community health.
- Supporting Dartmouth-Hitchcock in responding to the letter and spirit of the community benefits laws in New Hampshire and Vermont
- Focusing on a Target for Change Health Issue, which represents a long-term Dartmouth-Hitchcock focus and commitment to improve a specific community-health issue
- Improving population health by working with community partners and leaders
- Providing health education in community settings
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Facts
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Leadership
- Community Outreach
- Our Collaborations
- Population Health
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)
- 125th Anniversary of MHMH