Allergy and Clinical Immunology
The Section of Allergy and Clinical Immunology provides a complete range of allergy services for adults and adolescents in a joint program with the Section of Pediatric Allergy and Clinical Immunology and Pediatric Pulmonology. Services are offered in Bedford, Concord, Keene, Lebanon, Nashua, NH and Southwestern Vermont. The section works closely with the Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care medicine to coordinate care for patients with respiratory ailments.
An allergy is an overreaction by your body's immune system to something that is usually considered harmless. Your allergic response may involve sneezing, itching, nasal dripping, swelling, coughing, wheezing, or vomiting. Millions of people have allergies.
Our Allergy Department evaluates and treats asthma and allergies in patients six years of age and older. Through a wide range of services, including diagnostic testing, education, and immunotherapy, we provide you with the tools you need to control allergies and asthma.
- Immunotherapy Clinic for inhalant allergies and stinging insect hypersensitivity (walk-in basis)
- Specialized immunologic studies
- Nasal and sputum stains
- Skin test for immediate hypersensitivity reactions
- Asthma and allergic rhinitis
- Evaluation of suspected immunodeficiencies and recurrent infections
- Food allergies
- Hereditary and acquired angioedema
- Latex allergy
- Stinging insect hypersensitivity
- Suspected allergic reactions to drugs