Our anesthesiologists are here to administer and manage anesthesia during your surgical procedure.
The goal of our Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) clinic is to ensure that you are ready for surgery. You'll meet our staff approximately two weeks before your scheduled surgery date.
We'll review your medications and all the necessary paperwork. We'll complete diagnostic information, including possible lab work, EKG, and chest X-rays.
You'll also take a survey that asks simple medical questions. Based on your answers, we may order preoperative lab tests. We also offer anesthesia consultation if you have a complex condition.
Post anesthesia care unit (PACU)
After your surgery, you're taken to the PACU. The PACU provides you with post-surgical and specialized care. It is the most dynamic clinical place in the hospital.
Dozens of specialty services work together in the PACU to provide you with perioperative clinical care.
The PACU also provides overflow resources for:
- Adult critical care
- Pediatric intensive care
Anesthesiology clinical subspecialties
We also specialize in the following clinical subspecialties:
- Acute pain service: Effective and safe treatment of acute pain throughout your hospital stay
- Airway management: The skillset required and practiced daily by every anesthesiologist
- Ambulatory anesthesia: To care for patients having ambulatory surgery, or surgery where patients are discharged to their home the same day. These skills are different from the traditional model of inpatient evaluation.
- Cardiac and thoracic anesthesia: The multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of cardiac diseases, such as ischemic heart disease, valvular repair, and thoracic oncology
- Neurosurgical anesthesia: The anesthetic management of neurosurgical patients
- Non-operating room anesthesia (NORA): "Off-site" anesthesia involves sedation and anesthesia for procedures occurring outside the traditional operating room.
- Obstetric anesthesia: Providing labor analgesia on-demand with a goal to deliver prompt, effective, and safe pain relief for women giving birth
- Orthopaedic anesthesia: Providing safe and effective pain relief for orthopaedic patients.
- Pediatric anesthesia: Providing anesthesia and perioperative care to children
- Regional (block) anesthesia: Offering ultrasound-guided pain-relief for a wide variety of orthopedic, plastic, vascular, and general surgery
- Transplant anesthesia: Offering comprehensive care of patients undergoing renal and pancreatic transplantation, and kidney transplants
- Trauma anesthesia: Part of our emergency services, treating adult and pediatric trauma cases
- Vascular anesthesia: Managing an anesthetic plan for patients who undergo vascular surgery