To provide you with helpful health information related to anticoagulation, please refer to the following articles. Most of these articles go to our Healthwise® Health Encyclopedia website.
- Anticoagulants: Information about anticoagulants, including why they are used and their side effects.
- Anticoagulants: What to Do if You Miss a Dose: Topic overview of what to do if you missed a dose of anticoagulant.
- Anticoagulation Diet: Tips, menus, and recipes to follow when you are on warfarin.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Overview topic about atrial fibrillation, the most common type of irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia).
- Atrial Fibrillation and Daily Life: Information about the impact of atrial fibrillation on your daily life.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Which Anticoagulant Should I Take to Prevent Stroke?: Information to help you decide which anticoagulant you should take to prevent stroke.
- Blood Clots: A topic about blood clots that form in a vein.
- Deep Venous Thrombosis: Topic overview of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a blood clot (thrombus) in a deep vein.
- Heart Valve Replacement: Information about heart valve replacement, also known as mitral valve replacement surgery.
- Prothrombin Time and INR: Test overview for the prothrombin time (PT) blood test, which is also called an INR (international normalized ratio) test.
- Pulmonary Embolism: A topic about pulmonary embolism, which is the sudden blockage of a major blood vessel in the lung.
- Warfarin: Information about the drug warfarin, also known as Coumadin.
- Warfarin and Vitamin K: Topic overview about the importance of Vitamin K when you are taking warfarin.
- Warfarin: Taking Your Medicine Safely: Information about the steps to taking warfarin safely.
The key to eating right while on warfarin is to have a diet consistent in Vitamin K. The PTINR.com website has lots of great tips, menus, and recipes for you to explore.
We do not endorse any commercial products associated with websites referred from this site. Links to other sites are provided for information only.