Need a flu shot?
Our flu clinics are closed for the season. If you need a flu shot, please contact your primary care provider's office. Or, visit your local pharmacy.
For Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) patients and by appointment only. To schedule an appointment:
Flu clinic information
- Drive-thru and on-site options are available for the flu clinics.
- The DHMC community flu clinics are by appointment only. They are open to adults and children 9 years and older. A parent or legal guardian must be present for patients under the age of 18.
- If your child is younger than 9, or afraid of needles, please let us know when you schedule the appointment. We will work with you to accommodate you in our Pediatric Clinic.
- Schedule your appointment online at myDH.org. If you do not have a myDH account, please call the Flu Hotline at 603-653-3731.
- If you have had an adverse reaction to a flu shot in the past or if this is the first time you have received a flu shot, please let us know when you schedule your appointment.
- When you schedule your appointment, please have your insurance card ready. If you carry healthcare insurance, we will bill your carrier at no cost to you. For individuals who do not have any health insurance, we will be providing flu vaccines free of charge. Please contact the Flu Hotline at 603-653-3731 for more information.
Important COVID-19 considerations
- If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your appointment, please do not come to your scheduled flu shot appointment. Contact the Flu Hotline at 603-653-3731 for more information.
- It is important to get your flu shot because symptoms of the flu can be similar to COVID-19. Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for more information on the importance of getting your flu shot this season.
What to expect
For drive-thru clinics
You must schedule your drive-thru flu shot prior to arriving.
On the day of your appointment, make sure you—and any others who will be getting a flu shot—are wearing a mask and clothing that can be easily rolled up to allow access to the very upper arm. Please do not have more than 4 people (who are getting the flu shot) in the car. Please do not have any family pets in the vehicle unless they are crated or behind a cargo net.
When you arrive, stay in your car and stay in line with the cars in front of you. When it is your turn, the nurse will give you further instructions on how the drive-thru flu clinic will work
The drive-thru clinic will take place rain or shine but may be canceled in the event of severe weather.
For on-site clinics
You must schedule your on-site flu shot prior to arriving.
On the day of your appointment, make sure you—and any others who will be getting a flu shot—are wearing a mask and clothing that can be easily rolled up to allow access to the very upper arm.
As you wait in line, please remember to keep 6 feet of physical distance from the person in front of you.