Sign up to receive our e-newsletter!
Recipes & Resources is our nutrition e-newsletter written by Jean Copeland, RD. Jean's e-newsletter provides:
- Heart-healthy eating habit information
- Links to healthy recipes and nutrition details
- Encouragement to develop safe and sustainable eating habits
The Heart & Vascular Center, part of a nationally recognized academic health system, provides expert, coordinated care for diseases of the heart and blood vessels. This results in the highest level of expertise and a wide range of options for you during the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of heart disease.
We provide 24/7 heart attack care and treat more than 800 patients with heart attacks every year, more than most other academic health centers in New England. Our heart attack care is among the best in the nation, with some of the lowest mortality rates reported (less than 4%). Our focus is on compassionate care that helps you to live longer and better.
Listen to Your Heart
How we advance patient care, research, and education
- Our teams of skilled and experienced providers in cardiac surgery, vascular surgery and cardiovascular medicine deliver effective, integrated care for the full range of cardiovascular conditions and diseases.
- We offer the most advanced treatment options and technologies, some of which are only available through clinical trials.
- Our doctors and scientists add to the understanding of heart and vascular disease, and its prevention and treatment, through research and clinical trials.
- Our experts educate and train new cardiovascular specialists in an environment that fosters the highest level of caring.
Support our cardiovascular research and community education programs
Our programs thrive on your generous support. Please consider making a gift to support HVC CARES—our community awareness and education program—or our cardiovascular research initiatives.
Pulmonary Hypertension Program award
Our Pulmonary Hypertension Program has been designated as a Regional Clinical Program (RCP) by the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA).
Heart & Vascular Center recognized by U.S. News & World Report for 2023-2024
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is rated as high-performing in abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, aortic valve surgery, heart attack, heart bypass surgery, and heart failure by U.S. News & World Report in 2023-2024.