The Medical Infusion Clinic is a non-urgent 14-chair unit that provides outpatient infusion services to adult and pediatric patients (greater than 40 kilograms/88 pounds).
Our nurses provide care to patients with a variety of medical conditions that require infusions, including:
- Autoimmune disease
- Disorders including, but not limited to connective tissue, neurological, and gastrointestinal
- Infectious disease
- Primary care
Treatments and services we perform include administering:
- Blood products
- Chemotherapy (administered to patients with non-malignant diagnoses)
- Electrolyte replacement
- Therapeutic monoclonal antibodies
Our team is a versatile and dynamic group dedicated to providing quality care to patients who require infusion services. We practice collaboratively with referring departments to provide you with the best care.
Preparing for your first appointment
- On the day of your infusion if you are not feeling well (for example, if you have a cough, fever, nausea, infection, cold, pain, rash) it is important for you to call your provider first, prior to arriving to your medical infusion appointment. Your provider will make the decision if you are able to receive your infusion.
- The medical infusion nurses can answer questions regarding your scheduled infusion; however, if you have specific questions related to your condition or medication, you need to speak with your provider.
- We encourage you to bring a family member or friend. This person can ask questions you may not have thought of, assist you in getting around the medical center, keep track of appointment details and instructions, and keep you company. The Medical Infusion Clinic is small, therefore we can accommodate only one guest per patient.
- We have 8 infusion rooms. Some of the rooms are equipped with televisions (headsets are available for use).
- We have beverages and light snacks; however, we strongly recommend that you bring something to eat during your infusion.
- If you are diabetic, remember to bring your supplies to your appointment.