Guidelines for patient scheduling for referring providers
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) providers
- A referral and a complete order need to be submitted prior to scheduling patients.
- Any provider requesting infusion therapy services in the Medical Infusion Clinic must be on campus and easily accessible by pager. If the provider is unable to be on campus, a designated covering provider is needed. The provider responsible for care of the patient during an infusion must be clearly identified on the orders (pager number).
- For patients requiring blood transfusions, the ordering provider must obtain transfusion consent and "Type and Screen" prior to scheduling.
- Labs needed prior to treatment must be obtained in the lab drawing area. If labs are not needed prior to treatment, the medical infusion staff has the ability and supplies to obtain labs from PICCs and Mediports.
All other providers
Please contact the appropriate specialty service provider at DHMC to coordinate a plan of care. Once the plan of care is established, the DHMC provider will submit a referral and an order to Medical Infusion to schedule treatment. We practice collaboratively with referring departments to provide the best care.
- Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Internal Medicine
- Nephrology and Hypertension
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT)/Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Transplantation Surgery