Nephrology handles problems related to renal disease, hypertension, electrolyte and acid base disorders, and other kidney-related conditions. It is also for the care of those requiring renal replacement therapy, including dialysis and renal transplants.
Services we offer include:
- Evaluation and treatment of renal abnormalities
- Home hemodialysis with the Next Stage®
- Home peritonel dialysis
- In-center hemodialysis
- Management of renal artery stenosis
- Percutaneous renal biopsies
- Renal arteriography
- Renal dialysis (inpatient and home dialysis services)
- Renal transplantation
- Renal venous renin assay
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Acute and chronic renal failure
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Fabry disease
- Inherited renal diseases
- Kidney stones
- Tubular defects including acidosis
- Urinary tract infections
The Section of Nephrology and Hypertension cares for the full range of issues related to renal disease. Renal abnormalities, such as proteinuria, hematuria, and renal failure can be referred directly to the section for evaluation or treatment. The section also participates in an active renal transplant program.
Manchester and Nashua
Nephrologists from Nashua Nephrology work with adult patients to diagnose, evaluate, and treat renal/kidney problems.