Living in the Upper Valley
Welcome to the Upper Valley; a collection of quaint New England towns along the Vermont/New Hampshire border! The area is known for its beautiful scenery and its abounding opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Whether you are interested in skiing, hiking, kayaking or simply like to shop and eat local, the Upper Valley will exceed your expectations.
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center/Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital is nestled in between Lebanon and Hanover, New Hampshire. Here you will find seasonal farmer’s markets, performing arts, and Dartmouth College.
Housing opportunities for pharmacy residents are plentiful throughout the Upper Valley and include numerous rental options in both New Hampshire and Vermont that are strategically located within a few miles of the hospital. These include rental properties by owner, as well as apartment complex style living.
Working at Dartmouth Health
Dartmouth Health is comprised of 7 members:
- Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital (Lebanon, New Hampshire)
- Cheshire Medical Center (Keene, New Hampshire)
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics (Bedford, Concord, Lebanon, Manchester, and Nashua, New Hampshire, and Southwestern Vermont)
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, New Hampshire)
- Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center (Windsor, Vermont)
- New London Hospital (New London, New Hampshire)
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice for Vermont and New Hampshire (in more than 140 towns in New Hampshire and Vermont)
All of our pharmacy residency programs are focused at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, which is a 396-bed academic medical center.
We offer comprehensive pharmacy services in the following patient care settings: Inpatient, cancer center, ambulatory care, specialty care, and outpatient.
- Total number of pharmacists: 134
- Total number of technicians: 127
To read more about the health system, please visit the following links: