Dartmouth-Hitchcock's primary care departments provide accessible, comprehensive, and compassionate care for you and your family.
Learn more about our primary care options:
- Find a primary care provider
- Primary care services for adults
- Primary care services for children and adolescents
- Our primary care locations
In case of a life-threatening emergency
Call 911, or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room for immediate medical attention.
What is primary care?
Dartmouth-Hitchcock's primary care practices offer comprehensive health care services, including:
- Preventive medicine to keep you at your healthiest
- Chronic disease management to help keep your chronic condition—such as high blood pressure or diabetes—under control
- Urgent care to take care of you right away when you're feeling ill
Primary care providers are trained to be the point of first contact for most non-emergency health care needs. Our primary care departments aim to serve as your medical home.
About medical home
Medical home is a model of care that promotes close partnerships and coordination of care between you, other health providers, and physicians. In this model, your care is administered by a physician-led team that provides for your health needs and coordinates treatment across the health care system.
The medical home team takes a proactive approach to working with you to achieve the best possible health outcomes. An emphasis on wellness, prevention, health screenings and other strategies allows you to take a greater responsibility for maintaining your health.