Our sleep specialists offer diagnosis of, and treatment for, a wide range of sleep conditions. We work with families, school districts, employers, and other organizations to develop care plans that will enable you or your loved one to maintain a routine and productive lifestyle.
Our mission at the Sleep Disorders Center is to:
- Provide high quality care to patients with sleep disorders
- Excel in educating the public, physicians, medical students, and other health care providers about sleep and sleep disorders
- Advance the field of sleep medicine through research and other scholarly activity
Our Sleep Disorders Center, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Heater Road in Lebanon, New Hampshire, is an accredited program of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) and offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. We also offer sleep services in Manchester in our Neurology and Pulmonology Sleep Services sections and in Nashua at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nashua in the General Surgery department.
In addition, we provide a Sleep Medicine Fellowship program, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), which trains physicians from different disciplines in all aspects of sleep medicine.
We provide consultation and testing for all varieties of sleep-related disturbances, including:
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Hypoventilation syndromes
- Occupational sleep disorders: fatigue and work performance
- Overlap of sleep apnea and other conditions (congestive heart failure, COPD, other pulmonary diseases)
- Parasomnias (nightmares, REM behavior disorders, sleep walking)
- Periodic limb movement disorder
- Sleep apnea (obstructive, central, and complex)
- Restless leg syndrome
For more information about sleep conditions, we recommend these websites: