To volunteer, you must be at least 16 years old and must complete the process outlined below. Volunteer and Guest Services will guide you through each step.
Note: This process will take a minimum of three weeks to complete from the time you have filled out all required forms.
- Complete a volunteer application for the location where you want to volunteer:
- Submit two references. Volunteer and Guest Services will send you a link for reference forms once you’ve submitted your application.
- Complete the federal and New Hampshire State background checks required by law. Volunteer and Guest Services will send you more information about this once you’ve submitted your application.
- Interview with Volunteer and Guest Services and/or the volunteer supervisor for your preferred volunteer role.
- Be cleared for service by Dartmouth Health Occupational Medicine if you are placed in a volunteer role. This requires proof of immunity or vaccination for:
- Hepatitis B (offered and may be declined)
- Influenza (annual)
- Tuberculosis (blood test)
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Td/Tdap)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Attend our general orientation for volunteers and complete training for your volunteer role.