To volunteer in Lebanon, you must be at least 16 years old. To volunteer in Concord, Manchester, and Nashua, you must be at least 18 years old.
All applicants must complete the process outlined below. Volunteer and Guest Services will guide you through each step.
Note: This process will take a minimum of three weeks to complete from the time you have filled out all required forms.
- Complete a volunteer application for the location where you want to volunteer:
- Submit two references. Volunteer and Guest Services will send you a link for reference forms once you’ve submitted your application.
- Complete the federal and New Hampshire State background checks required by law. Volunteer and Guest Services will send you more information about this once you’ve submitted your application.
- Interview with Volunteer and Guest Services and/or the volunteer supervisor for your preferred volunteer role.
- Be cleared for service by Dartmouth Health Occupational Medicine if you are placed in a volunteer role. This requires proof of immunity or vaccination for:
- Hepatitis B (offered and may be declined)
- Influenza (annual)
- Tuberculosis (blood test)
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Td/Tdap)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Attend our general orientation for volunteers and complete training for your volunteer role.