You have many options to improve the quality of life for yourself or for someone you care about. If you need help, contact the Addiction Treatment Program.
- The Addiction Treatment Program offers state-of-the-art evaluation, treatment, and referral services for people seeking help for substance use and related disorders.
- The Community Health Improvement and Benefits program partners with health care and community partners to improve the health of people living in our communities.
- The Department of Psychiatry provides patient support and education.
- The Doorway NH: A New Hampshire state website for substance use treatment resources
- Headrest: 24-hour crisis and suicide prevention hotlines for adults and teens
- New Hampshire Alcohol and Drug Treatment Locator: A list of substance use treatment agencies and practitioners in the state of New Hampshire
- 2-1-1 Vermont Substance Use: A list of services by substance use categories for the state of Vermont
- Vermont Department of Health: How Do I Find Alcohol or Drug Addiction Treatment in Vermont?: A treatment directory of Vermont statewide programs and certified providers
- The Addiction Recovery Guide: The Addiction Recovery Guide assists individuals struggling with drug addiction and alcoholism. From evaluation to residential treatment, they have selected a range of outstanding programs and resources.
- AlcoholScreening.org: If you consume alcoholic beverages, it's important to know whether your drinking patterns are safe, risky, or harmful. This survey will take only a few minutes, and will generate personalized results based on your age, gender and drinking patterns.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress
- NIDA for Teens: Teens: Drug Use and the Brain: The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) created this site to educate adolescents ages 11 through 15 (as well as their parents and teachers) on the science behind drug abuse.
- NIH National Institute on Drug Abuse: Drugs of Abuse: Information from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to lead the nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids: This program helps children and teens reject substance abuse by influencing attitudes through persuasive information.
- ProjectKnow: Resources for Teens about Drug and Alcohol Abuse: A site that uses words and a tone that are easy to tune into.
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration): Includes a drug abuse and alcoholism treatment facility locator based on city, state, or zip code
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator: A national directory of drug and alcohol abuse treatment programs