For your safety, before the day of your procedure, you must have arranged for a responsible adult to:
- Accompany you on the day of your procedure.
- Remain on-site throughout your stay there.
- Provide transportation home after your procedure.
- Remain with you for at least 24 hours after your procedure.
We cannot proceed with your procedure if you:
- Drive yourself to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Manchester or Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Nashua location.
- Arrive without a friend or family member to stay the entire time you are there.
- Have not arranged for a caregiver to be with you for 24 hours after your procedure.
Before the day of your procedure
Before the day of your procedure, your doctor may give you the prescriptions you will need following the procedure. Please have these filled ahead of time and leave these medications at home so they are ready when you come home from procedure. If your doctor gives you your prescriptions on the day of procedure, please have a loved one or friend fill them for you after you are settled in at home following your procedure.
A member of our staff will be calling you before your procedure to talk to you about your procedure and to discuss your answers to these questions:
- What time to arrive for your procedure.
- Whom to bring with you.
- What to wear on the day of your procedure.
- What to eat or drink before coming for procedure.
- What arrangements to make for help after procedure.
- What lab tests or other doctor visits you might need before your procedure.
Your doctor's office will schedule a date for your procedure. The time of your procedure will be set on the weekday before your procedure. You will receive at least two phone calls from our staff before the day of your procedure.
If you have a living will or advance directive, please bring a copy with you. Please leave all valuables, including jewelry, at home on the day of your procedure.
Please refer to the following policies for more information: