For your safety, before the day of your surgery, you must have arranged for a responsible adult to:
- Accompany you on the day of your surgery
- Remain on-site at the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) throughout your stay there
- Provide transportation home after your surgery
- Remain with you for at least 24 hours after your surgery
We cannot proceed with your surgery if you:
- Drive yourself to the ASC
- Arrive without a friend or family member to stay at the ASC the entire time you are there
- Have not arranged for a caregiver to be with you for 24 hours after your surgery
Before the day of your surgery
Before the day of your surgery, your doctor may give you the prescriptions you will need following the surgery. Please have these filled ahead of time and leave these medications at home so they are ready when you come home from surgery. If your doctor gives you your prescriptions on the day of surgery, please have a loved one or friend fill them for you after you are settled in at home following your surgery.
A member of our staff will be calling you before your surgery to talk to you about your surgery and to discuss your answers to these questions:
- What time to arrive for your surgery
- Whom to bring with you
- What to wear on the day of your surgery
- What to eat or drink before coming for surgery
- What arrangements to make for help after surgery
- What lab tests or other doctor visits you might need before your surgery
Your doctor's office will schedule a date for your procedure at the ASC. The time of your surgery will be set on the weekday before your surgery. You will receive at least two phone calls from our staff before the day of your surgery.
If you have a living will or advance directive, please bring a copy with you. Please leave all valuables, including jewelry, at home on the day of your surgery.
Please refer to the following policies for more information: