The Bariatric Surgery Program offers care through our two locations in New Hampshire:
- Manchester and Concord, at Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Manchester
- Lebanon, at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Manchester
You must have a referral from your primary care provider (PCP) to make an appointment. Please review your health insurance coverage before calling for an appointment.
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Once we receive your completed your pre-surgery checklist, and your packet, our program will contact you to make your initial appointment. Once your appointment has been scheduled, please follow these guidelines:
- Please call us in advance if you need to cancel your appointment.
- Please bring with you to your appointment
- List of all the medications, including dosages, that you are currently taking. Include herbal and over the counter medications
- List of any concerns that you might have.
- Please arrive at the hospital 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You can park in our parking garage (PDF), which connects to the fourth level of the Faulkner Building.
Your insurance company may have criteria that must be met for weight loss surgery to be a covered benefit. Some insurance companies have specific dieting requirements, which must be completed before they approve coverage of this procedure. You may need to show the insurance company that you have attempted to lose weight in the past 12 months, and have made changes to your food choices and level of physical activity. Many insurers now have specific weight loss requirements. Please check with your insurer before beginning our program.
If you are a returning patient, you may use myDH to communicate securely with your providers, request or change appointments, review your medical record, and more.
After surgery, we have support groups available at both of our locations. Our virtual support groups are open to anyone who has undergone weight loss surgery here or other surgery programs
Concord, Manchester, and Nashua
For Concord/Manchester/Nashua post-bariatric surgery patients, meetings are the first Tuesday of every month from 5:00 to 6:00 pm. Call the Southern region <a href="tel:603-695-2870">603-695-2870</a> to obtain the meeting link. Read more about what to expect after surgery.
A registered dietitian guides the session and makes it an open meeting for you to ask diet questions, review medication regimen, discuss exercise, and any other topics of interest. To register for an after surgery support group in Lebanon. Call the Lebanon number below to register.