Weight loss surgery is a major, life-changing procedure. There are a lot of things to consider: your weight history, your current medical conditions, your mental health, your age, and your motivation. We can help you navigate the details of the emotional and practical aspects of surgery. Get started by attending a free introductory session.
Our introductory sessions help start you on your journey to successful weight loss. The session is required for all candidates for weight loss surgery. At the introductory session, members of the Bariatric Surgery team will explain our specific program requirements, discuss types of weight loss surgery offered, and answer questions. You are welcome to bring 1 adult friend or family member for support.
We offer introductory sessions at both of our locations:
- Concord, Manchester, and Nashua, New Hampshire (Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Manchester)
- Lebanon, New Hampshire (Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center)
Your pre-surgery visits, surgery date, and all follow-up visits will take place at one location, either in southern New Hampshire (Concord, Manchester, Nashua) or in Lebanon at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
Concord, Manchester, and Nashua introductory sessions
- Concord, Manchester, and Nashua "Introduction to Bariatric Surgery Program" sessions take place on the third Tuesday of every month, from 4:00 to 5:00 pm. All sessions are currently conducted via WebEx.
- To obtain more information about these virtual meetings and to get the WebEx link, please call the Bariatric Surgery Program at 603-695-2870, option 1.
- In the event of inclement weather, please tune into WMUR-TV9 or WZID for a complete list of cancellations.
- After attending an introductory session, you will be eligible to call and register for the monthly informational meetings. You are required to attend a minimum of three monthly informational meetings before proceeding with the program.
- Learn more about the next steps after the introductory session
Lebanon introductory sessions
See the calendar of upcoming introductory sessions at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
After attending the introductory session you can learn more about the next steps.