Blood Donor Program
Thanks for Giving!
This October, every time you donate blood or platelets, the Blood Donor Program will donate a turkey to the Upper Valley Haven.
Donating whole blood, platelets, or plasma
Thank you for considering donating blood, platelets, or plasma. The Blood Donor Program is incredibly grateful for your willingness to help patients in our local communities. Please call 603-653-3775 to schedule an appointment, or schedule online.
Please review the blood, platelet, and plasma pre-screening criteria
Please use the following pre-screening criteria prior to scheduling your appointment. If your answer to any of the following questions changes between now and your appointment date, please cancel your appointment. Please note that the following pre-screening criteria do not apply to convalescent plasma donors.
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or Coronavirus?
- If you answer yes, you are not eligible for 28 days from last day symptomatic. After 28 days, you may be eligible to donate convalescent plasma, which directly helps COVID-19 patients. To learn more about donating convalescent plasma, visit COVIDPlasma.org or call 603-653-3775 to be pre-screened over the phone.
- In the last 28 days have you had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, congestion, runny nose, or loss of taste and/or smell?
- If you answer yes to any of these symptoms, you are not eligible to donate for 28 days from last day symptomatic.
- Have you been exposed to a person who has COVID-19, or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- If you answer yes you are not eligible for 28 days after last day of contact.
- If you answer yes, but as a hospital employee, with proper PPE, you are eligible to donate.
- Have you been in a state other than New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Rhode Island in the last 14 days?
- If you answer yes, per New Hampshire state travel restrictions, you are advised to self-quarantine for 14 days. You will not be eligible until after the last day of self-quarantine.
Convalescent plasma - are you a COVID-19 survivor?
The Blood Donor Program is accepting convalescent plasma donations. If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are at least 28 days recovered, and you are interested in donating convalescent plasma, please call 603-653-3775 to be pre-screened over the phone.
For general information about convalescent plasma, please visit COVIDPlasma.org. Please note, however, that the eligibility criteria on the COVIDPlasma.org website does not apply to the Blood Donor Program. Our program will determine your eligibility during your phone pre-screening.
What to expect when you arrive at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Since the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has updated their recommendations, we ask that you arrive wearing a mask (cloth or medical). If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you at the building entrance.
Please park in the parking garage. You will enter the building on level 4. Staff will confirm that you are well and perform a quick infrared temperature reading (the handheld device is held over your forehead, but does not touch your skin). Please let them know that you have an appointment with the Blood Donor Program. There will be a bank of elevators on your left-hand side. Take those elevators to level 2. We are located directly across from the elevators on level 2. We have sanitizer available as soon as you enter the program, on your left-hand side.
Still have questions?
If you have any other questions, please contact Donor Relations Specialist Denee MacKenzie at email@example.com.