Please review the blood, platelet, and plasma pre-screening criteria
Please use the following pre-screening criteria prior to scheduling your appointment.
1. Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days?
If you answer yes, you are not eligible to donate and must wait at least 14 days from the date of your return.
2. Have you received an approved COVID-19 vaccine in the last 3 days?
If you answer yes, you must wait at least 3 full days post vaccine (first or second dose) before donating.
3. Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or Coronavirus?
If you answer yes, you are not eligible for 28 days from last day symptomatic.
4. In the last 14 days have you had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, congestion, runny nose, or loss of taste and/or smell?
If you answer yes to any of these symptoms, you are not eligible to donate for 14 days from last day symptomatic.
5. Have you been exposed to a person who has COVID-19, or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- If you answer yes, you are not eligible for 14 days after last day of contact.
- If you answer yes, but as a hospital employee, with proper PPE, you are eligible to donate.
What to expect when you arrive at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
For your appointment we ask that you arrive wearing a mask (cloth or medical). If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you at the building entrance.
Please park in the parking garage. You will enter the building on Level 4. Staff will confirm that you are well and have not traveled internationally. Please let them know that you have an appointment with the Blood Donor Program. There will be a bank of elevators on your left-hand side. Take those elevators to Level 2. We are located directly across from the elevators on Level 2. We have sanitizer available as soon as you enter the program, on your left-hand side.
Still have questions?
If you have any other questions, please contact us.