Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Nurse Residency Program provides a structured orientation experience that allows newly graduated RNs - and nurses with less than one year of clinical experience - to begin their nursing career with confidence. Nurse Residents participate in a variety of sessions designed to strengthen their assessment, critical thinking, communication, teamwork, and technical skills in a safe learning environment.
Nurse Residency activities include:
- Clinical experiences with a preceptor.
- Simulation in our Patient Safety Training Center.
- Competency and skills assessment and verification.
- Orientation to the electronic health record, eD-H.
- Patient care skills labs that provide hands-on experience with equipment.
- eLearning modules.
- Lively discussions on clinical topics and situations.
- Exposure to the many opportunities available to Dartmouth-Hitchcock nurses.
- Information about the community Dartmouth-Hitchcock serves, and the advantages of living and working in our community.
- Details on available professional and personal development resources.