To provide best-in-class care for their employees, GE provides enhanced benefits for the treatment of specific conditions performed at certain medical centers. These centers were chosen using publicly-reported quality and safety ratings and have consistently delivered the quality care to be designated as a GE Center of Excellence (COE) at Dartmouth-Hitchcock/New London Hospital.
Before enhanced COE benefits begin, you must contact a Health Coach from GE (866-272-6007) to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for the program. You will then be connected to Dartmouth-Hitchcock and be considered enrolled in the program upon their clinical review.
Any visits to Dartmouth-Hitchcock or New London Hospital facilities, including with participating providers, or diagnostic testing (e.g., labs, X-rays, MRI, CT) prior to the program enrollment will not be covered with the enhanced benefits as part of the COE program.
Once enrolled, program benefits include the following, to the extent provided by Dartmouth-Hitchcock and its participating providers:
- Access to a patient navigator by phone and/or email
- Orthopaedic consultation/assessment from your surgeon and any additional required imaging
- Pre-operative services, including admission testing, patient education classes, etc.
- Surgery, including the hip or knee implant and all technical/professional fees (e.g. anesthesiology)
- Inpatient stay, including room and board, lab work, medications and physical therapy while an inpatient (outpatient medications and physical therapy are excluded from the enhanced benefits of the COE program) and post-operative consults
- 100 percent coverage of consultation and surgery costs for Option 1 and 2 members. Not subject to deductible and co-insurance
- 100 percent coverage, after meeting deductible for Option 3 members
- Pre- and post-op care coordination
If you live more than 100 miles from New London Hospital, you are eligible for up to $2,000 in qualified travel and lodging expenses.