If your surgeon feels that you can have your procedure done at the Outpatient Surgery Center (OSC), your surgery will be scheduled there by your doctor's office. Your doctor's office will let you know how you can pre-register for your procedure at the OSC.
These are the procedures currently performed at the OSC:
- Ear, nose, and throat procedures: Ear tubes, adenoidectomies, tonsillectomies, tympanoplasties, frenulectomies, cleft lip repairs and revisions, sinus surgery, and nasal septoplasties
- Eye surgery: Cataracts, glaucoma surgery, oculoplastic surgery, corneal transplants
- Orthopaedic surgery: Hand, wrist, shoulder, knee, and foot and ankle procedures, including sports injuries
- Plastic surgery: Hand, breast, facial, nasal, eyelid and other aesthetic and reconstructive procedures
- Urology procedures: Hernias, circumcisions, orchiopexies, cystourethroscopies, resection of bladder tumors, and kidney and bladder stones
Other types of general surgery, breast procedures, and gynecological surgery are also offered at the OSC. In total, the OSC performs about 4,500 surgeries a year, at a rate of 25 to 30 each day.