We recommend the following resources for helpful information related to pain and spine conditions and treatments.
- AAPM (American Academy of Pain Medicine): Information in the field of pain medicine for both patients and medical professionals.
- ASRA (American Society of Regional Anesthesiologists): Provides information about analgesia and the different types of anesthesia.
- American Pain Society (APS): Resource to help transform public policy and clinical practice to reduce pain-related suffering.
- Back treatment outcomes calculator: The Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine and Consumer Reports have developed a calculator to help you make treatment decisions for three lower back problems: sciatica/slipped disc (herniated disc), spinal stenosis, and slipped vertebra (degenerative spondylolisthesis).
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP): Pain education resource center for patients and professionals.