The Department of Psychiatry establishes peer-to-peer relationships with primary care providers to share knowledge and assist with caring for patients. We provide evaluation and specialty care for individuals with psychiatric and substance use disorders at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and at Hanover Psychiatry.
The department has many programs of research, ranging from basic neuroscience to clinical trials and health services studies.
We also support providers who care for pregnant and parenting women and their young children who are impacted by substance use disorders. To learn more, see our Center for Addiction Recovery in Pregnancy & Parenting website.
Education and training programs
We are dedicated to providing quality education to health care professionals in the field of psychiatry and psychology. We offer both ACGME and psychology-accredited programs.
Psychiatry ACGME-accredited programs
- Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship
- Adult Psychiatry Residency
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship
Accredited psychology programs
- Clinical Neuropsychology Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Mood Disorders Service Education and Training
- Psychology Doctoral Internship Program
- Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship
Other training programs
May 2018 American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting in New York City
The Department of Psychiatry held its first alumni event for faculty and trainees from the Department of Psychiatry. For information about future events, please call 603-650-7549.