Moms in Recovery
Are you struggling with opioid use?
You are not alone
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Moms in Recovery is a safe space where you can meet with other women who are in recovery from addiction and get the help you need to stay sober.
What are the possible signs of an opioid use disorder?
- Spending a lot of your time and money on getting and using drugs
- Using more than you intend to or having difficulty stopping
- Suffering from sweating, diarrhea, pain and anxiety when you do not use
What is medication assisted treatment?
When you use heroin or other opioids, you are at higher risk for overdose and infections, which can harm both you and your baby.
Methadone and buprenorphine (Suboxone) are commonly used as safer alternatives for women who are pregnant and dependent on opioids.
Who we are
Moms in Recovery is a program for pregnant and parenting women who struggle with substance use. At Moms in Recovery you will meet other women who are working hard to be good parents and manage their substance use disorder effectively. You will be able to form close relationships with counselors, psychiatrists, midwives, pediatricians, case managers and recovery coaches. These professionals can support you in developing a healthy lifestyle that is rewarding and free from substance use.
The Moms in Recovery program offers the following services:
- Medication assisted treatment, including buprenorphine (Suboxone)
- Intensive Outpatient Program for women only
- Group therapy with other mothers and pregnant women
- Individual counseling
- Help with depression, anxiety and PTSD symptoms
- Help accessing housing, transportation, insurance and employment support
- Support for building healthy relationships
- Parenting classes
- Food pantry
- Prenatal and women’s health care visits on site
- Supervised playtime for children on site while their moms attend treatment
How to contact us
If you have questions or would like more information about our services, contact us at (603) 653-1860 or ask your health care provider for a referral.
Addiction Treatment Program
85 Mechanic Street, Suite 3-B1
Lebanon, NH 03766
- Our Team
- Treatments and Services
- Patient Support and Education
- Mental Health Stories
- Research and Clinical Trials
- For Health Care Professionals
- Appointments and Referrals