How Do I Get Started?
Weight loss surgery is a major, life-changing procedure. There are a lot of things to consider - your weight history, your current medical conditions, your mental health, your age and your motivation. We can help you navigate the details of the emotional and practical aspects of surgery. You can get started by attending a free introductory class.
We offer classes at both of our locations that provide an introduction to bariatric surgery. Your pre-surgery visits, surgery date and all follow up visits will take place at one location, either southern Hampshire (Concord/Manchester) or in Lebanon at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
This class helps start you on your journey to successful weight loss and is required for all candidates for weight loss surgery. The members of the Bariatric Surgery Team will explain our specific program requirements, discuss types of weight loss surgery offered, and answer questions. You are welcome to bring one adult friend or family member for support.
Concord/Manchester introductory classes
- Concord/Manchester Introduction to Bariatric Surgery Program classes take place on the third Tuesday of every month, from 4:00 to 5:00 pm, in Conference Room A on the second floor of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester
- Call (603) 695-2628 to register for the next class.
- In the event of inclement weather, please tune into WMUR-TV9 or WZID for a complete list of cancellations.
- After attending an introductory class, you will be eligible to call and register for the monthly informational meetings. You are required to attend a minimum of three monthly informational meetings before proceeding with the program.
- Learn more about the next steps after the introductory class
Lebanon introductory classes
- Here are the upcoming classes for Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon. After attending the introductory class you can learn more about the next steps.