Summary of visitor policy for all D-HH inpatient units
The following information summarizes the visitor policy for all D-HH inpatient units. For detailed visitor policy information about any location, please visit the visitor policy page for the location you would like to visit.
If you plan to visit a patient staying overnight at any D-HH location, you must:
- Be sure you are not sick and have not been around someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Be older than 12 years of age, except for visiting a patient at end-of-life
- Stop at the hospital entrance. A staff member will ask you questions about possible risks of illness and ask you to use hand sanitizer. If you have recently traveled outside New England or if you’ve been in a group gathering, we will give you a medical face mask and limit your visit to 1 hour.
- Wear a mask at all times, even if you have been vaccinated against COVID-19. If you cannot wear a mask, you must bring a medical letter stating this. If you cannot wear a mask, you must wear a face shield.
- Sign in and out at the front desk. You will be given a name badge or wristband ID, which allows you to enter the patient’s room. You must return the ID to the front desk before you leave.
- Not eat or drink in a patient’s room.
Visits to patients on end-of-life care
We allow up to 3 visitors at a time to patients on end-of-life care who are not COVID-19 positive. These visitors can rotate. Patients who are COVID-19 positive may have 2 visitors at a time for 1 hour, for a total of 4 visitors. Each visitor must be sure they do not have COVID-19 and must follow all other rules above.
Visits between the hours of 11:00 pm and 5:30 am
If you visit during these hours, you must use the Emergency Room Entrance to check-in and check-out, and follow the rules listed above.
Select the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health facility you would like to visit
Dartmouth-Hitchcock has returned to limited visitor guidelines.
Effective Wednesday, November 24, 2021.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord, Manchester, Nashua, and elsewhere in southern New Hampshire
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Lyme in Lyme, New Hampshire (new policies begin November 24, 2021)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon, New Hampshire (new policies begin November 24, 2021)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Heater Road in Lebanon, New Hampshire (new policies begin November 24, 2021)
- The Jack Byrne Center for Palliative & Hospice Care in Lebanon, New Hampshire (new policies begin November 24, 2021)
- Norris Cotton Cancer Center North (new policies begin November 24, 2021)
- Alice Peck Day in Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Cheshire Medical Center in Keene, New Hampshire
- Mt Ascutney Hospital and Health Center in Windsor and Woodstock, Vermont
- New London Hospital in New London, New Hampshire