The Center for Nursing Excellence offers academic advising to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) and Clinics nurses and employees interested in exploring a career in the field of nursing.
DHMC and Clinics have affiliation agreements with over 80 nursing schools. An affiliation agreement allows student-employees to complete clinical hours or projects at DHMC and Clinics locations. A partial list of our affiliated nursing schools is below. The full list can be obtained from the Center for Nursing Excellence.
Colby-Sawyer College in New London, New Hampshire is DHMC and Clinics' nursing school. The relationship between Colby-Sawyer and Dartmouth Health dates back to 1981 when the college first began preparing nurses at the Bachelor of Science level. Since then, Dartmouth Health employees have benefitted from access to high quality academic opportunities in a vibrant, residential college community. Colby-Sawyer College students have benefited from nursing clinical placements, internships, and various other experiential learning opportunities within Dartmouth Health, the state's largest health system and only academic medical center and Level I trauma center.
Colby-Sawyer College nursing degree programs include:
- Accelerated BS in Nursing
- BS with a major in Nursing
- RN to BS in Nursing
- MS in Nursing with tracks for Clinical Nurse Leader, Nursing Education and Nursing Management and Executive Leadership
Colby-Sawyer College courses are offered online or hybrid (online and in-person) and all programs offer rolling admissions. Online classes and flexible scheduling helps students maintain work/life balance and credits from other degree programs, certifications, licensure and work experience are often transferrable.
Tuition discounts for DHMC and Clinics employees
Colby-Sawyer College offers the following preferred tuition rates to DHMC and Clinics employees:
- RN to BS in Nursing: $270 per credit hour
- MS in Nursing: $575 per credit hour
Several other affiliated nursing schools offer discounts to DHMC and Clinics employees, as noted below.
Regional affiliated nursing schools
- Colby-Sawyer College, New London, NH, see preferred tuition rates above
- Franklin Pierce University, Rindge, NH, 15% tuition discount ($310 per credit RN to BSN, $527 per credit MSN)
- Granite State College, Concord, NH
- Manchester Community College, Manchester, NH
- New Hampshire Technical Institute, Concord, NH
- Norwich University, Northfield, VT, 10% tuition discount ($555 per credit)
- River Valley Community College, Claremont, NH
- Rivier University, Nashua, NH, 15% tuition discount ($272 per credit RN to BSN)
- Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester and Hooksett, NH, 10% tuition discount
Other affiliated nursing schools
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Capella University, Minneapolis, MN - 10% tuition discount
- Castleton University, Castleton, VT
- Chamberlain College of Nursing, Downers Grove, IL
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Duke University, Durham, NC
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT
- Frontier Nursing University, Hyden, Kentucky
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- Keene State College, Keene, NH
- Maryville University, St. Louis, MO
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Science, Boston, MA
- Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Institute of Health Professions, Boston, MA
- Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- Plymouth State University, Plymouth, NH
- Purdue University Global
- Regis College, Weston, MA
- Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT - 10% tuition discount
- Saint Anselm College, Manchester, NH
- Saint Joseph's College, Standish, ME - 10% tuition discount ($50 application fee waived)
- Saint Joseph Hospital School of Nursing, Nashua, NH
- Simmons University, Boston, MA
- Spring Arbor University, Spring Arbor, MI
- University of Maine at Fort Kent, Fort Kent, ME
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- University of Connecticut, Mansfield, CT
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA
- University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, MA
- University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, MA
- University of Massachusetts Worcester, Worcester, MA
- University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL
- University of Southern Maine, Portland, ME
- University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT
- Yale University, West Haven, CT
The full list of affiliated nursing schools is available to DHMC and Clinics employees. Please check with the Center for Nursing Excellence.