To make an appointment, call us. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Expect to be at your appointment for at least two to three hours for dilation and testing. For more information about your appointment, please see our Appointment FAQ.
Some health insurance policies require that you have a referral from your primary care provider (PCP) to make an appointment. Please review your health insurance coverage before calling for an appointment.
Please note: It is your responsibility to check with your insurance company regarding coverage for eye exams. We are not contracted with separate vision plans (such as VSP, Davis, etc.).
Cheshire Medical Center
- For more information regarding ophthalmology and vision care services at Cheshire Medical Center in Keene, visit their Ophthalmology Vision Care website.
- You do not need a referral for your routine vision exam if your family doctor (primary care provider, or PCP) is a Dartmouth-Hitchcock provider.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- We accept all new patients with or without a referral for appointments with our optometrists, Dr. Jordan and Dr. Srinivas.
- To schedule appointment with an ophthalmologist, you must have a referral from an eye provider and/or recent eye notes so you may be placed with the appropriate specialty.
- The appointment secretary will offer the first available appointment with the requested doctor. If there is an urgency for the appointment, we will try to get you in as soon as possible.
If you are a current patient, you may use myD-H to communicate securely with your providers, request or change appointments, review your medical record, and more.
Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, unless noted otherwise below:
- Cheshire Medical Center: Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday, 8:00 am to noon
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester: We are closed from noon to 1:00 pm every day for lunch.