Find Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics, local and national resources to help you learn more about the dangers of vaping, learn how to talk to teens about vaping, and get help quitting vaping or smoking.
- No Safe Vape: Facts and Myths: Watch the November 22, 2019, Facebook Live video with Pediatric Pulmonologist Brian O’Sullivan, MD; Dartmouth Cancer Center Tobacco Treatment Specialist Kate McNally; and local high school student Emily Galeva; moderated by CHaD's Dr. Keith Loud.
- Quitting Smoking Information: Get information on quitting smoking, including articles, smoking cessation materials, podcasts, website and helplines.
- Tobacco Dependence Clinic: We have tobacco dependence clinics at Cheshire Medical Center in Keene, New Hampshire, and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
- Electronic Nicotine Delivery System: An Update: Watch the October 17, 2019, Nursing Grand Rounds with Andrea Christian, MSN, RN-BC, NCTTP Tobacco Treatment Coordinator and Alexandra Fannin, APRN, NP-C, NCTTP Thoracic Surgery Nurse Practitioner Tobacco Treatment Specialist.
- Breathe New Hampshire
Facts, events and resources related to lung health, including tobacco use prevention
- Cheshire Coalition for Tobacco-Free Community
One-on-one counseling and support groups on the first Wednesday of the month
- Good Neighbor Health Clinic
One-on-one counseling. All ages and incomes eligible
- Mt. Ascutney Hospital Tobacco Cessation Program
- Parent Up VT
Tools and information to help parents talk to their teens about substance abuse and other challenges
- Quit Now New Hampshire
1-800 QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
Trained counselors and resources for New Hampshire residents
- Rutland Community Health Team
One-on-one phone counseling Group classes
- VA Hospital
- Vermont Quit Line - 802Quits
1-800 Quit-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
Free tools and support for Vermont residents ages 13 and older
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Facts about electronic cigarettes, their health effects and the risks of using e-cigarettes
- Freedom from Smoking: A free 24-hour smoking cessation program available on the Internet through the American Lung Association
- National Network of Tobacco Cessation Quitlines - 1-800 QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669): A single access point to the National Network of Tobacco Cessation Quitlines. Callers are automatically routed to a state-run quitline, if one exists in their area. If there is no state-run quitline; callers are routed to the National Cancer Institute (NCI) quitline.
- Quitnet.net: Online program to help smokers kick their nicotine addiction
- Smokefree.gov: Tools and information to help teens quit vaping
- Still Blowing Smoke: Articles about smoking, vaping, and big tobacco from California's Tobacco Control Program
- Truth: Facts and resources about smoking and vaping
- The Truth Initiative: This is Quitting: Free mobile program designed to help young people quite vaping
- Vaping: Know the Facts toolkit: A toolkit for parents, teachers, school administrators and teens from the Addiction Policy Forum