Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Training Program is a competitive training program that provides high-quality clinical placements to students who are pursuing their Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certification.
Founded in 2020 with a handful of clinical sites and a few dedicated preceptors, the program has grown to include more than 15 preceptors who provide excellent patient care and a quality clinical experience at almost a dozen different sites. Additionally, we have been building partnerships with specialty clinics throughout the Dartmouth Heath system to offer students a unique and diverse experience no matter where they complete their clinical hours.
Provide a quality experience for students and preceptors in advanced practice psychiatry in order to build and sustain a highly skilled behavioral health workforce.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Training Program objectives:
- Address the inefficiencies in the process of locating, securing, and completing clinical rotations
- Ensure that both students and preceptors share in a high-quality learning environment
- Support students in preparing for a successful transition to independent clinical practice
As the role of the psychiatric nurse practitioner expands at Dartmouth Health, so do our clinical placement offerings. Currently, we are able to offer placements at several clinics and sites:
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, NH)
- New London Hospital (New London, NH)
- Newport Health Center (Newport, NH)
- NH Hospital (Concord, NH)
- Adult Primary Care at Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Concord (Concord, NH)
- Pediatric Primary Care at Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Manchester (Manchester, NH)
Opportunities to explore other specialties within Dartmouth Health may be available.