This page includes information about news and events related to substance use and mental health.
Some upcoming events and conferences
Rural Health Equity ECHO: Tackling the Social Drivers of Health
Continues through December 20, 2023, join anytime.
Virtual, Tuesdays from 12 noon to 1 pm
An eight-session, virtual, interactive educational series that began September 13 exploring social and equity issues that shape physical and mental health, sponsored by the Project ECHO Team and Center for Advancing Rural Health Equity at Dartmouth. Attendees are welcome to join any session.
New Hampshire Behavioral Health Summit
December 3 and 4, 2023
Doubletree Downtown, Manchester, NH
New Hampshire's largest annual gathering of providers of all types who address behavioral health issues in their work.
American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) 55th Annual Conference 2024
April 4 - 7, 2024
The ASAM annual conference brings together all professionals to connect, learn and inspire. ASAM has been convening the addiction treatment community for 55 years to showcase best practices and the latest science, research and innovations in the field.
Training and events related to substance use and mental health
Please use the following links to find more training and events related to substance use and mental health.
Within the Dartmouth Health system
- Center for Technology and Behavioral Health (CTBH) seminar series
The CTBH brings together researchers on a weekly basis during the academic year. Innovators are invited to present their research on the cutting-edge use of technology in behavioral health.
- Dartmouth Health Continuing Education for Professionals portal:
- Dartmouth Health psychiatry grand rounds
Psychiatry grand rounds schedule and location.
View past psychiatry grand rounds.
- Northeast Node of the NIDA Clinical Trials Network (CTN- NE)
Offers periodic educational and other events related to substance use.
- Project ECHO at Dartmouth Health
Diverse live and enduring virtual series, including many related to substance use and mental health topics.
Other regional opportunities
- New England Public Health Training Center
Educational topics, search mental health, substance use and similar.
- New Futures
Trainings and events related to behavioral health policy change.
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
Events, meetings, training, some on mental health and substance use.
- New Hampshire Medical Society online alcohol-related resources listings
Education and other resources on alcohol misuse.
- New Hampshire Medical Society online opioid-related listings
Opioid related educational opportunities.
- New Hampshire Training Institute in Addiction calendar
Offers a vast array of addictions-related training, suitable for both general health care providers and behavioral health providers.
- The Academy: Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) events calendar
- NIDA Med
Clinical training and resources around substance use.
- Provider Clinical Support Services (PCSS)
Vast array of online training on substance use and mental health topics with options for direct provider-to-provider mentoring services.
- SAMHSA training website
Diverse trainings around mental health and substance use.