At Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC), we provide diagnosis and surgical treatment of conditions and diseases in the chest, from the neck to just below the diaphragm.
Our team of board-certified surgeons and advanced practitioners work at the forefront of thoracic surgical treatment and care. We make use of the latest technologies and research to deliver the best, personalized care for you.
If you have questions about a specific thoracic condition, or would like to schedule an appointment for a consultation, contact us.
Our commitment to you
- Expert diagnosis and treatment that delivers the best surgery for you.
- Technically robust treatment options that are at the forefront of thoracic surgical care.
- Collaboration with your other physicians and specialists in the Comprehensive Thoracic Oncology Program (CTOP) at DHMC's Norris Cotton Cancer Center to ensure that you receive the most effective and coordinated care.
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement of our surgical procedures and processes.
- Research, evaluation and training, with a focus on patient outcome and benefit, in order to advance the science and delivery of thoracic surgical care.
In the following video, Dr. David Finley, Section Chief of Thoracic Surgery, talks about the program's vision and committment to each of you.
About our team
As a center of excellence in thoracic surgery for northern New England, we collaborate with programs and specialists across Dartmouth-Hitchcock to integrate innovative surgical diagnostic and treatment options into the multidisciplinary care of thoracic diseases and conditions.
- As part of CTOP, we work in conjunction with radiation oncology, medical oncology, interventional pulmonology and palliative medicine in the treatment of lung, esophageal, tracheal and other cancers in the chest cavity.
- We work with pulmonologists in the use of bronchoscopy and other minimally invasive options to diagnose, stage and treat cancer. We also work with palliative medicine providers to alleviate symptoms.
- In collaboration with colleagues in gastroenterology and hepatology, we provide minimally invasive and robotic options for the surgical treatment of GI conditions such as GERD and Barrett’s Disease.