- Buprenorphine Initiation in Pregancy (PDF)
Guidance for providers initiating buprenorphine treatment during pregnancy
- Marijuana in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding (PDF)
Information for patients and providers on the impact of marijuana use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Use of Buprenorphine/Naloxone in Pregnancy (PDF)
Review of the evidence supporting the use of buprenorphine/naloxone combination therapy during pregnancy
- Obstetric Care for Women With Opioid Use Disorder
Standardization of health care process to improve outcomes and quality of care.
- Consensus Bundle on Obstetric Care for Women With Opioid Use Disorder
This bundle provides evidence-based recommendations to improve the quality of care for pregnant women with opioid use disorder.
- NNEPQIN Best Practice in Contraceptive Counseling (PDF)
Evidence-based approaches to counseling about contraception
- NNEPQIN Caring for Your Baby (PDF)
Making the most of your time in the hospital
- Postpartum Care (PDF)
Guidance for the postpartum care of women with substance use disorders
- Recommended Readings
AAP Neonatal Drug Withdrawal - Mark Hudak, Lead author
This 2012 AAP statement updates information about the clinical presentation of infants exposed to intrauterine drugs and the therapeutic options for treatment of withdrawal and is expanded to include evidence-based approaches to the management of the hospitalized infant who requires weaning from analgesics or sedatives. This statement recommends that non-pharmacologic care should be implemented as first-line treatment for opioid-exposed infants.