Online resources available for healthcare professionals
- Substance use disorder resources Sample curricula and other program resources for substance use disorder treatment providers.
- Psychiatric resources page Resources for the care of women with substance use disorders and co-occurring psychiatric disorders.
- Pediatric resources page Prenatal, Nursery and Outpatient Pediatric guidelines and resources for the care of children.
- Obstetric resources page Best practice guidelines, toolkits, and educational resources for patients and providers.
- Clinical guidelines Guidelines for treating pregnant and parenting women with substance use disorder and their infants.
Stephanie Covington PhD, LCSW
Slides available until September 30, 2020
Women and Addiction: The Challenges of Providing Care
Special presentation at Schwartz Rounds at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center - August 21, 2020
- Women and Addiction Part 1 (PDF)
- Women and Addiction Part 2 (PDF)
- Women and Addiction Part 3 (PDF)
- Women and Addiction Part 4 (PDF)
- Women and Addiction Part 5 (PDF)
The Addiction-Trauma Connection: The Upward Spiral of Recovery and Healing
Special presentation at NNEPQIN Perinatal SUD Learning Collaborative - August 26, 2020
- Addiction-Trauma Connection Part 1 (PDF)
- Addiction-Trauma Connection Part 2 (PDF)
- Addiction-Trauma Connection Part 3 (PDF)
- Addiction-Trauma Connection Part 4 (PDF)
Presented by: Stephanie Covington PhD, LCSW, a clinician, author, organizational consultant and lecturer recognized for her pioneering work in women’s issues. Dr. Covington specializes in the development and implementation of gender-responsive and trauma-informed services in both the public and private sectors. She is co-director of the Institute for Relational Development/Center for Gender and Justice in La Jolla, California. www.stephaniecovington.com