The Northern New England Geriatric Education Center (NNEGEC) helps to improve the health and quality of life for older adults in New Hampshire and Vermont by expanding the capacity of the healthcare workforce to provide high-quality, safe, and interdisciplinary care to older adults, with a specific emphasis on rural and underserved areas of New Hampshire and Vermont.
The NNEGEC strives to develop, implement, evaluate, and disseminate interdisciplinary, didactic and experiential learning experiences for faculty, clinicians, and students in diverse settings to enhance the competency of the healthcare workforce in:
- Evidence-based assessment and management of common geriatric syndromes;
- Evidence-based approaches to improving the organization and delivery of geriatric health care in rural settings;
- Improving outcomes through targeted implementation of an evidence-based Falls Risk Reduction program emphasizing rural settings; and
- Expanding the capacity in rural and underserved areas aimed at reducing health disparities for older adults by implementing interdisciplinary geriatrics training using technologies that will bridge rural geographic barriers.
NNEGEC mailing list
- Phone: 603-653-3443
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address:
NNEGEC at Geisel School of Medicine
Hanover, NH 03755
- Physical address:
46 Centerra Parkway, Level 2
Lebanon, NH 03766
This project is/was supported by funds from the Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant number UB4HP19206 and titled: Geriatric Education Centers, for $2,189,410 over 5 years. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by the BHPr, HRSA, DHHS or the U.S. Government.