Dartmouth-Hitchcock Occupational and Environmental Medicine combines expertise in the prevention and treatment of environmental and work-related conditions with a wide range of services and efficient case management to help New Hampshire citizens, workers and businesses manage their health, safety and productivity.
Our team of board-certified physicians, associate providers, occupational health nurses, staff, and dedicated case managers work together to provide your business’ needs for:
- Healthy and productive employees and work environments
- Effective prevention and management of work-related injuries and illnesses
- Prompt and thorough resolution of workers’ compensation and insurance claims
- Specialized pre-placement and work capability exams, including DOT and FAA physicals
- Promotion of healthy and effective employees and work environments
- Clinical evaluation and management of environmental exposures and concerns
For more than 20 years, the Occupational and Environmental Medicine Department at Dartmouth-Hitchcock has been advancing the health of workers and citizens in New Hampshire and beyond through research, education, treatment, and preventative care of work-related illness and injury, and environmental health exposures.
Today, we provide occupational and environmental health services and support to individuals, communities, businesses, and organizations throughout New Hampshire, who count on our highly trained and experienced team of experts, and dedicated workers’ compensation support, to ensure the occupational health of their employees and work environments.
Why choose Dartmouth-Hitchcock for your occupational health needs?
- Certified occupational and environmental medicine experts
All Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) Occupational and Environmental Medicine physicians are specially trained and board-certified. As a result, they possess both the clinical and administrative skills to evaluate and manage individual employee concerns as well as comprehensive occupational and environmental health projects. Our program is directed by Dr. Robert McLellan, MPH, a prominent and respected leader in the field of occupational and environmental medicine.
- Thorough and effective customer service
Dedicated case managers and an administrative assistant in our Workers’ Compensation Center provide a single point of contact for employees/patients, and ensure timely communication and coordination among care providers, insurers and employers.
- Comprehensive occupational health services and specialty care
We offer a broad range of health services and screenings to assess and treat employees’ work-related health issues and injuries, and to monitor and evaluate health hazards in the workplace. We also offer clinical evaluations of community environmental exposures. If necessary, patients have access to the full range of advanced, specialty services available through Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
- Convenient and timely appointments
With a network of convenient locations in New Hampshire, both community members and your employees will have access to occupational and environmental health services when and where they need them. Most locations are easy to reach, and several provide parking to accommodate large trucks and tractor-trailers.
Our bottom line
We strive to ensure healthy and effective employees and work environments, and to provide effective care and support that gets employees back to work in a safe and timely manner. We also provide clinical care for community members who have concerns about environmental exposures.
Schedule an appointment
Contact us to schedule an appointment. We have locations in Northern and Southern New Hampshire.
More information on D-H Occupational & Environmental Medicine services
- For New Hampshire employers and employees
- For insurers and case managers
- For Dartmouth-Hitchcock employees
- For individuals with concerns about environmental exposures