Joint Replacement for the Treatment Area of Hip and Knee Arthritis
In our Joint Replacement Program, our specialists manage hip and knee arthritis using evidence-based practices.
We perform over 1,100 hip and knee replacement surgeries every year to help address pain and management from hip and knee arthritis. We are a referral center for the most complicated hip and knee replacement cases in the region.
Joint replacement services are offered at our Concord, Keene, Lebanon, Manchester, and Nashua locations.
At Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon, NH, we see some of the most challenging cases in the region and are the only Level 1 Trauma Center and tertiary referral center in the state of New Hampshire.
Latest treatments and procedures
We offer non-surgical options for hip and knee arthritis. When the time for joint replacement comes, our surgeons perform:
- Primary total joint replacement surgery, including:
- Minimally-invasive muscle-sparing surgery approaches, including direct anterior approach for hip replacement
- Partial joint replacement
- Outpatient total joint replacement surgery
Our experts also focus on complex revision surgery including:
- Revision hip and knee replacement surgery
- Peri-prosthetic fractures
- Complex pelvis and acetabular surgery and treatment of peri-prosthetic infections
When you choose us to help you with joint pain, we will offer you:
- A shared decision making approach to patient care: you and your surgeon will work together to decide what the right options are to get you better, faster; ultimately, the decision on a treatment option is yours to make
- A comprehensive total joint program that includes extensive pre-operative evaluation and physical and occupational therapy evaluations
- Extensive, trained, dedicated team of providers all focused on you, including surgeons, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physical and occupational therapists, social workers, and nurses
- A personalized education program for joint replacement including a live class, [DVD], and educational binder
- The opportunity to be involved in research that continually improves and leads the way for the future of joint replacement
- Affiliation with the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College, one of the largest implant retrieval labs in the country, where ground breaking research involving Orthopaedic implants is being performed
- The knowledge and research background that only a nationally-ranked academic medical center can offer. We treat the most complex joint issues and traumatic injuries in our region so we have the experience to help you, no matter what you may be experiencing.
Our Joint Replacement teams by location
Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement®
Our Joint Replacement Program is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Anthem BlueCross BlueShield based on our commitment to quality care, resulting in better overall outcomes for patients who undergo knee and hip replacement procedures.
Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Keene & Hip Replacement by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, an independent licensee of Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Aetna Institute of Quality® Orthopedic Care Facility
The Aetna Institute recognizes our Joint Replacement Program as an Aetna Institute of Quality® Orthopedic Surgery Facility. This designation recognizes hospitals and facilities in the Aetna network which offer specialized clinical services for certain health conditions. Facilities are selected for consistently delivering evidence-based, safe care.
- Our Teams
- Specialties and Services
- Patient Support and Education
- Patient Stories
- Research and Clinical Trials
- For Health Care Professionals
- Appointments and Referrals