We're committed to providing information on health topics important to you straight from our doctors and medical professionals.
Healthy Living Series events are hosted by online webinars or in person at one of our facilities.
The Healthy Living Series (HLS) provides live monthly events focused on a single health topic and presented by our healthcare providers. In addition to spotlighting our providers and services, HLS events spotlight our community partners to ensure that you have all the necessary resources to make important healthcare decisions for you and your family.
Catch up on all of our past events by viewing the full HLS video playlist.
State of the Heart: Medical Advancements and Prevention
Recorded February 22, 2023
Gerard Dillon, MD, a Cardiologist at Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Concord for a talk on the state of heart health today.
- State-of-the-art cardiac medicine advancements over the last twenty years
- Your risk for developing heart disease and lifestyle changes that can prevent it
- Dartmouth Health’s team-focused approach to your care—from primary care to advanced surgical care
Epilepsy Diagnosis, Management, and Special Considerations
Recorded February 13, 2023
Rohit Reddy, MD, is a neurologist at Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Concord. He is passionate about helping his patients live their best lives with epilepsy. Dr. Reddy discussed topics related to epilepsy treatment and management, including:
- Treatment options including neurostimulation
- Managing with anti-seizure medications
- Special considerations, for example, women of reproductive age
Intimate Partner Violence: Facts, Medical Resources and Support
Recorded October 18, 2022
Valerie Valant, MD, OB/GYN at Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Concord, and Kayte Gilmore, Youth and Outreach Advocate at the Crisis Center of Central New Hampshire (CCCNH), spoke about:
- The signs of domestic violence
- How healthcare providers support survivors
- How you can support a loved one in crisis
- How domestic violence impacts entire communities
- Where to find resources and how to get help
The Importance of Screening for Colorectal Cancer
Recorded March 22, 2022
Back to Basics: Food As Health Care
Recorded March 9, 2022
Auden McClure, MD; Richard Rothstein, MD; and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Rima Itani Al-Nimr, MS, RDN, LD discussed the link between food and your well-being, recent research on how food can prevent disease, and debunking common nutrition myths.
Heart Health in a Pandemic
Recorded February 23, 2022
Kerrilynn Hennessey, MD, discussed why it's important to "know your numbers," understanding contributing factors of heart disease, and how the pandemic has impacted heart health risk factors.