Rehabilitation Medicine is open and continues with Telehealth visits
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) rehabilitation medicine is open for physical, occupational and speech therapy appointments for current and new patients. With thorough disinfecting strategies and changes to our physical layout, we are meeting social distancing guidelines and constantly putting safety first. We also are continuing telerehab services. If you are interested in setting up an in-person visit or a virtual visit, please call 603-650-3600.
Rehabilitation Medicine offers care at:
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon, New Hampshire
Inpatient services provided include occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech-language pathology.
Outpatient services provided at Reception 2L include neurological programs (head injury, Parkinson's disease, stroke, concussion), balance and vestibular, risk to fall, pediatric therapy, speech-language pathology, activities of daily living and wheelchair evaluations. DHMC employees needing outpatient rehabilitation services may also be seen at 2L.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Heater Road in Lebanon, New Hampshire: Outpatient occupational and physical therapy are provided at our Heater Road location. These include rehabilitation for orthopaedics injuries (including joint replacement, hand/wrist, shoulder, sports medicine), women's health, functional capacity evaluations, wheelchair evaluations, return to sport testing and running evaluations.
- Farnum Rehabilitation Center in Keene, New Hampshire: A comprehensive inpatient and outpatient facility, offering a wide variety of services to patients requiring physical rehabilitation in the Keene, New Hampshire area.
If you are a new patient, please ask your primary care provider (PCP) or other physician to forward a referral with all pertinent medical records. If you do not have a PCP or referring doctor, please call our appointment line to talk with our team. Once we receive your referral, we will contact you to schedule your appointment. We may recommend testing before your appointment which we can help you coordinate.
At your first appointment
When you come to your first appointment, you will meet your care provider. We listen to understand your concerns, difficulties, and your goals for therapy. We use different tests and tools to measure your abilities. We will develop a program that may include home exercises or future therapy visits to help you reach your goals. Each area of rehabilitation medicine may have different tests and tools to aid in your evaluation and treatment plan.
Your treatment plan
Your treatment plan may include future visits. Treatment sessions will help you reach your goals and may include:
- Participation in functional tasks
- Use of tools or specific techniques
You may see other members of the rehabilitation medicine team based on your injury or condition. You can expect us to re-measure your abilities and re-evaluate your goals throughout the time we work together. Treatment methods may also include custom services such as splinting, hands-on massage, or other types of treatment. Our ultimate goal is to help you improve your function in a safe and comfortable way.
If you are a returning patient, you may use myD-H to communicate securely with your providers, request or change appointments, review your medical record, and more.
For referring physicians
If you're a provider and would like to make a referral to our DHMC Rehabilitation Medicine Department, please use a DHMC Specialty Referral form (PDF) and follow the instructions on the form.
Our outpatient hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, unless otherwise noted below:
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Occupational therapy: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Physical therapy: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Speech-language pathology: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Heater Road
- Occupational and physical therapy: Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Work Conditioning Program: by appointment for group therapy sessions