If you're a physician and would like to refer a patient for consultation at the Section of Rheumatology, please refer to our Appointments and Referrals page.
We provide an ACGME-accredited Rheumatology Fellowship program to learn the art and science of rheumatology. Our fellowship program prepares post-graduate fellows for a career in either academic medicine or community practice.
- Rheumatology Section Conference (Tuesday): Attended by all faculty and fellows. Presentations rotate through several formats, including journal club, major topic updates, morbidity and mortality, challenging cases, and research updates. Once monthly, outside speakers who conduct basic science in immunology are also invited to speak.
- Department of Medicine Grand Rounds (Friday): As a division of the Department of Medicine, we typically host 2 speakers annually.
- Radiology Conference (1st Tuesday): Fellows and faculty meet with 1 or 2 musculoskeletal radiologists to review a topic and challenging imaging cases from the clinic.
- Muscle Conference (2nd Tuesday): The sections of Rheumatology and Neurology gather monthly to present challenging patients with muscle disorders.
- Pulmonary-Rheumatology Conference (4th Friday): The sections of Rheumatology and Pulmonary gather monthly to present challenging patients with interstitial lung disease.
- Pathology Conference (5th Tuesday): Faculty and fellows review pathology specimens with the chief pathology resident, including temporal artery biopsies, kidney biopsies, skin biopsies, etc.
- Morbidity and Mortality (Tuesday): Presented quarterly within the section, faculty, and fellows present cases.
- Rheumatology-Nephrology Conference: Faculty from both sections review and discuss complex cases and delve deeply into the management paradigm to help improve outcomes for these patients.