The Department of Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock is made up of many clinical sections and programs. Members of the department strive for excellence at all levels: in the clinical care of patients, in the education and training of medical students, residents, graduate students, and fellows, and in scholarly research.
The care of patients is the core mission of the Department of Medicine. With the remarkable advances in medicine, it remains important that we know our patients well, and practice in their best interests.
Department of Medicine sections
View the list of our sections:
- Allergy/Clinical Immunology
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- General Internal Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Infectious Disease and International Health
- Live Well/Work Well Primary Care
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
- Medical Infusion
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Palliative Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Sleep Medicine
- Weight and Wellness Center
Education and research
Learn about our educational programs for health care professionals and our research.