Taking care of your mental and emotional well-being is a crucial part of your journey. Here are some support groups and other services for transgender patients and their families.
In the event of an emergency, call 911.
- GLBT National Help Center:
- SAGE: For older LGBT people. Available at 1-877-360-5428
- Translifeline.org: A peer support hotline at 1-877-330-6366
- The Trevor Lifeline: For people 25 years old and under. Available at 1-866-488-7386, by texting START to 678678, or through their website
For youth and families
- Fenway Community Health Center: Providing LGBTQ+ health and mental health care, research and advocacy.
- My Kid is Gay: Compiling videos, stories, and resources for parents and families of LGBTQ+ youth.
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation (TYEF): Support, resources and networking service.
- Transwave Podcast: Hear stories from youth, families, allies, advocates and providers.
- American Civil Liberties Union of New Hampshire
- GLAD Pop-up ID Project: Offers free legal representation to LGBTQ+ people seeking to update their name and gender on state and federal documents. Services specific to New England residents only.
- Lambda Legal
- National Center for Transgender Equality (How to change name and gender on state and federal records)
- New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights
- Vermont Legal Aid
- Gay, Lesbian and Straight Educational Network (GLESN): Support, training and advocacy tools for educators and families
- Campus Pride: National nonprofit for student leaders and campus groups to create safer college environments for LGBT students
- Camp Aranu'tiq: Summer camp in the New Hampshire Lakes Region for gender non-conforming and transgender youth ages 7 through 18
- Camp TEYF: New England summer camp for gender non-conforming and transgender youth ages 7 through 17 (or until end of high school)
- Vermont Outright: Summer camp program for queer, trans, questioning, and allied youth ages 13 through 17 (and counselors in training, ages 18 and 19)
- Outright Vermont: Nonprofit focused on Vermont LGBTQ+ youth.
- PFLAG-New Hampshire: Parents, family, friends and allies of the LGBTQ+ community in New Hampshire.
- Pride Center of Vermont: Advancing community, health and safety of LGBTQ+ in Vermont.
- Seacoast Outright: Youth group (age 13 to 19).
- TG-NH - Transgender New Hampshire: A Facebook group for transgender people in New Hampshire.
Online-only support groups
- Gender Spectrum: Offers online resources and support groups for teens and their families.
- Q Chat Space: Online community for LGBTQ+ youth between the ages of 13 and 19. Chat groups facilitated by trained professionals.