We offer a wide variety of treatment and care for transgender patients, including primary and general health care. Providing knowledgeable, welcoming care is our goal and we are here to provide you with:
- Regular exams: The screenings and exams you need are available, regardless of your gender identity. Anyone with a prostate or a cervix, for example, should receive appropriate screenings.
- Routine health care: Transgender patients can have a unique set of health concerns. We prioritize your overall health and well-being.
We also specialize in:
- Dermatology gender services
- Gender-affirming surgeries and procedures
- Gender counseling services
- Gynecology gender services
- Hormonal treatment
- Urology gender services
Dermatology gender services
Laser hair removal for hirsutism and before gender transition surgery. Our Dermatology department also offers treatment for acne and hair loss related to hormonal treatments.
Gender-affirming surgeries and procedures
Many forms of gender-affirming surgeries are same-day surgeries with you being discharged the same day of your surgery to recover at home. More complicated surgeries may require short hospital stays.
We offer transgender surgical procedures, including:
- Breast augmentation: A top surgery to increase your breast tissue.
- Breast reduction: A top surgery to reduce your breast tissue.
- Facial feminizing surgery: To make your facial features look more like a typical female.
- Hysterectomy: To remove all or part of your uterus, ovaries, or fallopian tubes.
- Metoidioplasty/Phalloplasty: To create a penis.
- Oophorectomy: A procedure to remove your ovaries.
- Orchiectomy: To surgically remove one or both testicles.
- Vaginoplasty: A procedure to create a vagina.
Gender counseling services
We can help you find a licensed therapist in the area who can help you explore your gender identity and support you through your social and/or medical transition. They can also help with addressing behavioral concerns such as anxiety and depression.
Gynecology gender services
The Gynecology Gender Clinic provides evidence-based gynecologic care for transgender, gender non-binary, and gender queer individuals. To learn more, please refer to our Gynecology Gender Clinic page.
For many transgender patients, hormone therapy is the first medical step. We will work with you to create therapies that help you meet your goals.
Hormone therapy is medication designed to increase or decrease feminine or masculine hormones. It causes physical and emotional changes that move you toward your gender identity. See more information about hormone therapy in our Transgender Health FAQs.