The Urgent Appointments Departments at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Concord, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Manchester, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nashua provide services for adults and children with short-term and minor illnesses or injuries.
Urgent care is open during times that you might find it difficult to make an appointment with your family doctor (primary care provider, or PCP).
In case of a life-threatening emergency
The Urgent Appointments Department is not an emergency room. In case of a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room for immediate medical attention.
We treat a wide variety of urgent conditions, including:
- Animal and insect bites
- Earache and infection
- Minor lacerations
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Sinusitis and upper respiratory infections (URI)
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Sore throat
- Uncomplicated fractures
- Wound care
Some of the tests we perform include:
- EKGs (electrocardiograms)
- Finger-stick glucose testing
- Oxygen saturation tests
- Rapid strep screening
- STAT (urgent) blood chemistries
- STAT complete blood count
Some of the treatments we provide include:
- Ear wax (cerumen) removal
- Immunizations related to trauma
- Incision and drainage of hemorrhoids and cysts
- Infusion (Nashua)
- IV antibiotic therapy
- IV hydration
- Respiratory treatments via nebulizer
- Suture of minor lacerations
Note: Some lacerations require resources not available in Urgent Appointments. The nursing staff will discuss whether or not we can treat your laceration appropriately.
- Therapeutic injections