In case of a life-threatening emergency
- Call 911, or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room for immediate medical attention.
- Notify your family doctor (primary care provider, or PCP) as soon as possible.
If you suspect a poisoning
- Call Poison Control right away at 800-222-1222
For conditions that are not life-threatening
- Please call your doctor's office. If you need the number, see our Phone Directory. Nurses in your doctor's office can determine the medical urgency of your condition, offer home care advice, or schedule an appointment.
- During evening and weekend hours, call the main number at your Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics location to speak with an on-call physician.